Saturday 19 November 2016

3:Magical Brain

This week was a great one if you are a nerd. More on this later. There was so many things to read about while I had more important things to do. It has been a week since Trump became president-elect. So of course, late night hosts, tv shows, bloggers, and cartoonists have given their perspectives, whether it be humorous, overly negative and serious, or whatever else. Honestly, with our overly liberal media, they aren’t really saying anything new, and yet, if Kimmel is saying it, it is a trending video on youtube.
I decided to avoid it. Unless it is something serious, I didn’t bother indulging in it. Instead, I looked at things I deemed valuable. Using the website, comicbook.com, I stay up to date in all nerd news, regarding comic book shows, movies, actual comic books, and anything else I like.  Rather than reading about Trump supported boycotting the musical Hamilton, I looked at sneak peeks at the Flash/Arrow/Legends of Tomorrow/Supergirl crossover, Star Wars casting news, Fantastic beasts, etc.
It’s nice focusing on things I actually care about, and not look at the things a majority of people like looking at. Even my mother has been sucked into this system. She recently got into watching trending videos, and constantly tries to distract me with them. In the 18 years I have spent on this earth, I am old enough to know what I like, and what I do not like, so I will not like anyone, or any trending video try to change that, unless the trending video is something I actually care about.

No comments:

Post a Comment