Saturday 19 November 2016

1:Magical Day

On Tuesday, I decided to focus on studying for my film class test next week. I had several terms to memorize and define in my own way. Usually, when I study, I have instrumental music playing in the background, often from the “Batman v Superman” soundtrack, and socially lose focus and go web surfing. Despite the multitask, I still manage to get my work done, though maybe a little slower than it have been finished if I focused on the homework alone.
So, in order to make sure I focused on my textbook to study, I cleared my study table, getting rid of any other textbook, candy, and my mp3 player. I would need my laptop later, but for the hour and a half I would devote to film, I disabled the wifi so that I wouldn’t be tempted to live stream the latest episode of “The Flash”. During my studying time, I definitely wanted to stop. I mean, learning the definition of “crane shot” doesn’t exactly grab one’s attention.

To review the whole thing, I’m glad I did it. For one thing, I am just a little bit more prepared for my test, but also to see what it would be like if I didn’t multitask. I didn’t feel like getting up and eating a candy bar, because the gluten in my head wasn’t getting quickly depleted. I felt that I processed more information since my head was focus on just one thing. This will definitely be needed when I have to study for my exams next month.






-

No comments:

Post a Comment